A somewhat comprehensive list of tools, apps, hardware, and more that I use on a daily basis to design and code things. And yeah, that is a Johnny Mnemonic GIF in the background.
- Figma is my primary tool for UI design these days. Made the switch from Sketch in 2020 and haven’t looked back. I’ve also created a few plugins that you can install.
- Any motion graphics I create are created in Adobe After Effects. So far I haven’t found a non-Adobe product that’s as good. If anyone has suggestions please message me.
- For any 3D models I use Blender. Since 2.8 it’s become way simpler to use and in a lot of ways better than expensive paid tools like 3DS Max or Maya.
- I use Visual Studio Code as my text editor, with the Atom One Dark theme and Operator Mono as my typeface of choice.
- Firefox is my main browser for both development and general use.
- For 3D effects and image shaders I use three.js. It has a bit of a learning curve but you can do some really powerful stuff with it.
- For CSS I’ve used a myriad pre-processors and css-in-js solutions like styled-components, but these days I’m using vanilla CSS with PostCSS to get upcoming CSS features today.
- For building and testing UI components in isolation I use Storybook. Check out the .
|CPU||AMD Ryzen 5800x|
|GPU||MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080|
|Memory||GSkill 32GB DDR4 3600mhz CAS 18|
|Motherboard||MSI B550 Tomahawk|
|Monitor||1440p IPS 144hz LG 27GL850|
|Keyboard||Logitech MX Keys|
|Laptop||Macbook Pro 14″ (2022 M1 Max)|
|Headphones||Audio Technica ATH-M50x/Apple Airpods|